* 9 campsites
|Temperance River Campground features maintained outhouses, water pumps and public parking.
|Above: The Temperance River Campground sits half way up the Sawbill Trail from Tofte.
* Tables, fire grates, water pumps, and outhouses provided
The Temperance River Campground is a Superior National Forest Campground, located 12 miles north of Tofte. Temperance is a perfect getaway for those looking to beat the crowds, try some fly fishing, or just relax.
Sawbill Canoe Outfitters is the concessionaire operator of Temperance River Campground and maintains a store with showers, laundry, grocery and convenience items, canoe and camping gear rental, a pay telephone and a Verizon wireless hotspot--located 11 miles north of Temperance River Campground. Although, there are no water, sewer, or electrical hookups at Temperance, it can easily accommodate large motorhomes and trailers.
Sites are $18/night with a limit of 9 people per site. All campsites are first come, first served.
• Nine people per site maximum
• One car or truck allowed per campsite. Second car or truck allowed with $9 additional fee. Maximum of two cars or trucks per campsite. All vehicles must be on parking spurs.
• Campsite must be occupied on the first night. Campsite cannot be unattended for more than 24 hours.
• Quiet hours 10 PM to 6 AM. Respect your neighbors. No loud music.
• Fires in the fire grates only. Leave your fire dead out.
• Pets must be leashed.
• Cut no green or growing thing.
• Bag your garbage. Place in dumpster. Keep dumpster latched.
• Bears love coolers. Keep your cooler out of sight in a hard sided vehicle.
• Leave your campsite cleaner than you found it. Remove all litter from the fire ring.
• Fireworks are not allowed.
Click here for a printable map of the campground.