Outfitting Packages are for customers who want us to take care of everything.
Need to rent just a few things? See our Partial Outfitting options.
|Complete Outfitting||Complete Equipment||Complete Food|
If you are arranging trips for more than one group, please call or email for additional group discounts and a price quote.
Complete Outfitting includes the following:
- Lightweight, gourmet trail food (menu planned to your preferences)
- Lightweight Kevlar canoes (Wenonah or Northstar models available, three person and solo canoes are also available) with adjustable, padded carrying yoke and laminated wooden paddles (bent or straight shaft)
- Paddle specific PFDs
- Granite Gear Superior 1 canoeing packs with suspension systems and hip belts for all your food, equipment and clothing
- Dry bags for clothing and other personal items
- Lightweight ALPS dome tents with rain fly, waterproof floor and no-see-um netting
- Freshly laundered sleeping bags
- Thermarest self inflating sleeping pads
- Crazy Creek canoe/camp chairs
- Nylon tarp with ropes
- Folding saw
- MSR backpacking stove with fuel
- Nested cookkit with cooking and eating utensils
- Folding water carrier
- First aid kit, toilet paper, hand sanitizer
- 80′ heavy duty bear rope w/pulley
- Miscellaneous supplies for cooking and dishwashing
- Expert, personalized route planning assistance; any instruction or advice needed
- Waterproof topographic canoeing maps
- Free camping on your first and/or last night in the Sawbill Lake National Forest Campground
- Free transportation to Kawishiwi, Baker, Homer, Brule or Hog Creek entry points if desired
- A hot shower with towel at the end of your trip
Complete Equipment includes everything from Complete Outfitting except food.
Complete Food includes all meals and miscellaneous items (matches, dishwashing kit, t.p., etc.) packed in a Granite Gear canoeing pack, ready for you when you arrive. You choose your menu from a wide variety of choices.
What You Bring
- Personal clothing sufficient for temperatures 90 degrees – freezing (wool and synthetic are preferred to cotton)
- Rain jacket/pants
- Performance sandals/ water shoes (Chaco, Teva, Keen) or light hiking shoes
- Dry shoes and warm socks for camp
- Water treatment equipment (pump filter, SteriPen or iodine)
- Fishing gear
- Sun screen
- Insect repellant/barrier
- Personal toiletries
- Reading material, playing cards etc
Policies & Permits
A $50 deposit per person is required to confirm your reservation. Full refund will be made if you cancel more than 5 days before your scheduled arrival at Sawbill.
Canoe preference discount: The prices above include Kevlar canoes. If you take Wenonah Spirit II Royalex or Aluminum canoes and plastic paddles, subtract $6.00 per person per day.
Meals: The prices above include three meals per day. Depending on your schedule, you may drop meals from the first and/or last day of your trip. Subtract $7.00 per person for meals dropped from Complete Outfitting or Complete Food.
Non profit groups with a tax-exempt number receive a 10% discount off prices above. No other discounts apply.
Youth 17 years and under receive a 10% discount off prices above if accompanied by two full paying adults. No other discounts apply.
If a member of your party cancels, please tell us right away. If we pack for a person and are not informed of the cancellation before your arrival, plan to pay for that person.
BWCA Wilderness Entry Permits are required by the U. S. Forest Service. The entry permit allows you to enter the BWCA Wilderness on a certain date at a particular entry point. You can check permit availability and reserve a permit yourself on the web at www.recreation.gov or by calling toll free 1-877-444-6777. If you prefer, we can reserve your permit for you. Just fill out the appropriate section on our outfitting reservation form or give us a call, whichever is most convenient for you. Permit fees are not included in the package price.
The balance is due on the day your trip begins. There is no refund if you return early from your trip.